Sunday 30 April 2017

April ...

my favourite month - especially exciting when this box arrives ....



my Bernina 770QE and I've nicknamed it "The Beast"!



I felt so nervous to use it and I wasn't sure where to begin ... SO ... decided to take a deep breath and just make some little houses ...


and a table mat ...



as you do!  This pattern came from Teach Me to Machine Quilt by Pat Sloan.  It's a brilliant book to get you started with free motion quilting.  I think I have many happy sewing hours ahead!

I've got two quits which I've pieced and are all set to baste and machine quilt ... 



I've had this Pam and Nicky Lintott pattern and Moda fabric called PotLuck for years!  The fabric is so bright and cheerful ...


The second quilt pattern came from Popular Patchwork, March 2013!!! And the fabric is called Padstow Range again by Moda ...



I've basted Potluck using two planks of wood and I'm hoping for no puckering on the back!



I'm now in the process of machine quilting - it takes longer than you think!

Vanessa x



3 comments:

  1. Definitely a cause for celebration! Enjoy that new machine. Your quilts and quilting are looking lovely. The cathedral windows is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only just seeing this V, so excited for you. Machine quilt with a longer stitch length - 3.2 mm to 4 mm - I use a 4, gives it a more natural look and doesn't pull the fabrics together so tightly. Using a 40 wt top and bottom thread instead of a 50 wt gives a better defined quilt stitch too but isn't essential. Your quilts are going to be amazing :D

    ReplyDelete